Glass shower doors with visible soap scum, water stains, or mildew can make your bathroom look dingy and dull—and promote the expansion of mold. That’s why shower doors are designed not only to stay the water within the shower but to feature a decorative touch to space. Here, Residential Cleaning Services NJ will discuss some hacky tips to clean your shower doors.
Why Do Glass Shower Doors Get So Dirty?
Hard water is high in minerals like calcium and magnesium carbonates, which create residue when the water comes in touch with limestone and chalk deposits. When the water mixes with your soap, it leaves stains and streaks on your glass shower doors—this is where soap scum comes from. Soap scum can eventually damage the glass because it’s porous. The water minerals seep into the glass and may cause corrosion like etching.
Soap scum is different from mildew, which may be a thin coating made from fungus. Mold grows in warm, damp places, so a shower is the perfect breeding ground—especially those nooks and crannies where your shower door glass meets the frame. Mildew is often harmful to you and your family, so getting and keeping your glass shower doors clean is vital for health and aesthetics.
How to Get Your Glass Shower Doors Shining Again?
Many commercial cleaning products are designed to remove mold chemically, mildew, soap scum, and water stains. Still, they also are more eco-friendly and healthy alternatives for cleaning glass shower doors. If you prefer to accompany commercial cleaning products, remember that you should never use abrasive cleaners on glass doors or aluminum frames.
Before you attack scum and dirt with harsh, industrial-strength cleaners, try many of these natural methods. Not only will your shower doors be nice and clean, but you’ll also avoid toxic chemicals and vapors which will harm you and your family.
For light buildup on glass shower doors, moisten dryer sheets and use them to chop through soap scum and newer water stains. Residential cleaning NJ also works rather well for removing grime and residue from your shower doors, tile, and more.
For an all-natural DIY remove soap scum from shower door, try juice. It’s going not to have the acidic cutting power of vinegar, but it smells better and still cleans well. Here’s the way to do it:
● Combine three tablespoons of juice and one cup of water during a spray bottle.
● Spray your glass shower doors and, therefore, the frame thoroughly and let the mixture break down the scum and stains for five minutes.
● Wipe everything with a clean sponge, then dry and buff the glass and frame with a microfiber cloth.
● For stricter buildup and stains, you’ll need something more stronger. Boost your cleaning power by using distilled white vinegar rather than juice.
● Heat a half-cup of distilled white vinegar in your microwave for 30 seconds.
● Pour the nice and cozy vinegar into a spring bottle.
● Spray the glass shower doors and frame thoroughly and permit them to soak for five minutes.
● Wear rubber gloves and scrub the glass and frame with a non-abrasive soft brush.
● Rinse everything with warm water.
● Dry and buff the glass and frame with a microfiber cloth.
Here’s the way to remove soap scums from shower doors:
● If the drain holes are clogged, clear them with a bit of wire or cleaning implement.
● Plug the drain holes with pieces of a towel.
● Fill the track with distilled white vinegar and let it sit overnight.
● In the morning, use paper towels to take in the vinegar.
● Use an old toothbrush to wash any stains and loosen debris.
● Take the towel out of the drain holes and rinse the track with warm water.
● Periodically check the ways and confirm the drain holes are clear to stay moisture and build up to a minimum.
Keep Your Glass Shower Doors Shiny and Clean
Shower door maintenance is usually left off even the top comprehensive cleaning checklist. You’ll want to keep a couple of tools handy for daily care to stop mold and reduce how frequently you’ll get too deep clean.
All you would like to stay on your glass shower doors and your shower clean may be a small squeegee, a microfiber towel, and a strong—but eco-friendly—cleaner. The simplest time to try to do daily cleaning and maintenance is proper after you shower…
If you would like to guard your glass shower doors against the buildup of soap scum, grime, and mildew for weeks at a time, use a rain-repellant formula made for car windows. Make sure to use this solution only on the glass doors! The protective barrier the rain repellant creates will prevent scum and stains and stop the hazy film that ruins the design of your glass shower doors. You’ll add this to your monthly cleaning checklist and keep your shower doors clean and sparkling.
We hope the following pointers to remove soap scum from shower door. You’ll enjoy a cleaner showering experience and reduce the probabilities of mold and mildew. If you would like help getting your bathroom or the other room clean and healthy, you can contact the best home cleaning service NJ – Lemon Lime Company.